The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for plants suggestions to fill in the background and suit my tank style. Have smaller stuff growing in the foreground that my blurred photography hides. Also have moss on rocks and wood taking hold. Tank about 4 months old and glass cleaned 3 times. Will take a before and after pic (in focus :))

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
You've got a really good variety of leaf types :)
That let's you have options. I'd think ludwigia repens or palustris. They both grow fast and will add some color. Both of those have awesome color on the top for me from the lighting and undersides are pink metallic. Or maybe curly valisneria- it grows really tall too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would like to jam two eriocaulons (blood-vomit) in the front with a cryptocoryne wendtii bronze/and metallic red. The ludwigia repens and palustris will make it cook :)

Bump:

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will give it consideration Nordic...although might be overdoing it. I have java moss on left spider wood, and Christmas moss on right piece - both off and running. Also have it on some stones. Even have dried moss in a bowl on lounge table - yuppy thing! Got shrimp so felt I needed some. Still have 1 piece of spider wood to play with and 2 other pieces for height. Making a plan as I go along. Enjoy the wild look of ferns and out of control plants - the opposite to Dutch tanks. Just planted hair grass here and there, and after a week it's growing well - surprised me. (took a few weeks to arrive from Germany) All plants interest me from the easy to difficult. Never played with aquatic ones before so it's fun. Need to hear from those who have experience in fiddling with them.

Bump:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts