The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any sponsor carry Mr. Aqua tanks and potentially stands?? I know Sevenports does not sell them, they just distribute.... BTW I'm in San Francisco

·
Registered
356 Posts
Did you only want to buy online? Or were you looking for somewhere local?

Here are some of the local shops that I know of.

AFA carries some Mr. Aqua tanks (I dont think its on their website though). Albany aquarium across the bay in Albany also carries mr aqua tanks (if they do not have it in the store they can order it for you).

Does any sponsor carry Mr. Aqua tanks and potentially stands?? I know Sevenports does not sell them, they just distribute.... BTW I'm in San Francisco

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
What about sixth ave aquariums they seem to have a crap load of tanks and quite a few rimless last time I was there, also have current and finnex lights if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you only want to buy online? Or were you looking for somewhere local?

Here are some of the local shops that I know of.

AFA carries some Mr. Aqua tanks (I dont think its on their website though). Albany aquarium across the bay in Albany also carries mr aqua tanks (if they do not have it in the store they can order it for you).
Thank you, I was looking into Mr Aqua tanks because the ADA tanks are priced stupidly. I cannot understand how a 45x45x45 tank would have the same price as a 60x45x45 tank. They are also expensive, considering they are made in Pakistan

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Thank you, I was looking into Mr Aqua tanks because the ADA tanks are priced stupidly. I cannot understand how a 45x45x45 tank would have the same price as a 60x45x45 tank. They are also expensive, considering they are made in Pakistan
False, they are made in China. And there are many reasons for their pricing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
False, they are made in China. And there are many reasons for their pricing.
Made in China still does not justify their cost. Not that I'm against Made in China, if it's made in US I would think its an OK cost, and that is based purely on labor cost, not quality.
There are many reasons for pricing, true, but there is no true reason why a product that uses less material cost the same as another product that uses more material. The techniques involved are not complicated, the material used is not high-tech and difficult to produce.

ADA products are funny, in the way that are at most better than similar products by a fraction, yet they are priced several times more expensive than their competitors. Maybe the biggest thing about ADA is the ADA tag.
Take that away and they are no different than similar products, they are almost similar to Apple, people just buy Apple for that little logo of a bitten apple not for quality, performance and hardware. It's easy to find a phone/tablet better than Apple in every aspect since Jobs died.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Made in China still does not justify their cost. Not that I'm against Made in China, if it's made in US I would think its an OK cost, and that is based purely on labor cost, not quality.
There are many reasons for pricing, true, but there is no true reason why a product that uses less material cost the same as another product that uses more material. The techniques involved are not complicated, the material used is not high-tech and difficult to produce.

ADA products are funny, in the way that are at most better than similar products by a fraction, yet they are priced several times more expensive than their competitors. Maybe the biggest thing about ADA is the ADA tag.
Take that away and they are no different than similar products, they are almost similar to Apple, people just buy Apple for that little logo of a bitten apple not for quality, performance and hardware. It's easy to find a phone/tablet better than Apple in every aspect since Jobs died.
Do you know how much they're paid? I hesitate to say that all Chinese labor is cheap. At least I hope they're not being paid minimum wage because they make quality products. And Mr Aqua and ADA tanks are not of the same quality.

On the note of Apple, my friend who's a hardware engineer says that all his coworkers are switching to Macs because they're easier to use (i.e. less problems). Apple and ADA are not all fluff, but neither are all of there products for everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you know how much they're paid? I hesitate to say that all Chinese labor is cheap. At least I hope they're not being paid minimum wage because they make quality products. And Mr Aqua and ADA tanks are not of the same quality.

On the note of Apple, my friend who's a hardware engineer says that all his coworkers are switching to Macs because they're easier to use (i.e. less problems). Apple and ADA are not all fluff, but neither are all of there products for everyone.
Do you know how much they are being paid? I don't, but having lived there , I doubt its the same as US. Mr Aqua and ADA are not of the same quality, for sure, but is the difference big enough to justify the price difference and hilarious pricing? Not really.

Apple is not fluff, but neither is it best product ever. On the note of Macs, they are best for entertainment. Yes, PC's are more complex, but that's because the amount of things achievable on a PC is not on the same level as Mac, especially serious work. Other than that, you can easily find a PC with better hardware, better construction/quality for lower or equal price than a Mac.

·
Banned
2,269 Posts

People buy apple for the operating system, not for the logo. I cannot stand windows operating system. You may have your opinions about the companies, but to say people only buy ada and apple for the logo is just incorrect. People pay more for various reasons. More material doesn't always mean more expensive. Lets say you can buy a chevy suburban or a maserati. The suburban sure has more material but is less expensive. And would you want a suburban when you have the funds to drive a maserati?

BTW, Sevenports is a sponsor on this website that just got a bunch of mr aqua tanks in. They have a forum towards the bottom of the list on this forum index page.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts