The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im specifically looking for a regulator-solenoid that has two different needle valves to allow one regulator to work for two tanks.

I already have a gLA gro but i am not sure if i want to/am able to invest another $300 into another

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
im specifically looking for a regulator-solenoid that has two different needle valves to allow one regulator to work for two tanks.

I already have a gLA gro but i am not sure if i want to/am able to invest another $300 into another
You can accomplish the same thing with any regulator. You'll need to build a manifold of sorts (can be done with brass plumbing fittings, push connect stuff, or even pvc) and then use 2 needle valves (or more depending on your requirements). I use one regulator for 3 different tanks using 4 needle valves through this manifold I fabbed up. I've re-designed this a few times since this photo was taken but gives the general idea of the manifold anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I spent the money and went with GLA and have been quite pleased. There regulator is super easy to setup and functions like a dream. I used to have a Milwaukee Regulator and it was absolute garbage. If I were you, I would go GLA all the way!

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can accomplish the same thing with any regulator. You'll need to build a manifold of sorts (can be done with brass plumbing fittings, push connect stuff, or even pvc) and then use 2 needle valves (or more depending on your requirements). I use one regulator for 3 different tanks using 4 needle valves through this manifold I fabbed up. I've re-designed this a few times since this photo was taken but gives the general idea of the manifold anyway.
i have heard of doing something like that but i am just not too confident on my DIY abilities to make something durable and lasting. do you happen to have a guide/able to give me like a quick rundown of what id need to buy/do?

I spent the money and went with GLA and have been quite pleased. There regulator is super easy to setup and functions like a dream. I used to have a Milwaukee Regulator and it was absolute garbage. If I were you, I would go GLA all the way!
yea gla is great. im really happy with my gro1 on my 40 but for this im possibly looking for something alternative that wont break the bank

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
i have heard of doing something like that but i am just not too confident on my DIY abilities to make something durable and lasting. do you happen to have a guide/able to give me like a quick rundown of what id need to buy/do?

yea gla is great. im really happy with my gro1 on my 40 but for this im possibly looking for something alternative that wont break the bank

I really dont have any sort of "guide". What you'd need to buy can vary based on your needs and whats available. I put that together with brass plumbing pieces available off the shelf at home depot. You'll need a variety of elbows and nipples. It would probably be easier for me to build one than explain how to build it! I suppose if there was really interest in something like that I could potentially build and sell depending on what someone might be willing to pay!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm confused, are you looking for another whole regulator and needle valve? Or what I think you want is another manifold block from GLA if you already have one of there regulators. This would allow you to have 2 needle valves on one regulator and one solenoid. Or am I misunderstanding? Here's a link to what I'd buy.

GLA Manifold Block

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Just search for 1/8 or 1/4 npt manifold on the Bay. Find an appropriate block for your application, plumb it from there.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really dont have any sort of "guide". What you'd need to buy can vary based on your needs and whats available. I put that together with brass plumbing pieces available off the shelf at home depot. You'll need a variety of elbows and nipples. It would probably be easier for me to build one than explain how to build it! I suppose if there was really interest in something like that I could potentially build and sell depending on what someone might be willing to pay!
ah i see. is this kind of thing something that just like connects to a regular regulator? depending on the price i would be interested in this

I'm confused, are you looking for another whole regulator and needle valve? Or what I think you want is another manifold block from GLA if you already have one of there regulators. This would allow you to have 2 needle valves on one regulator and one solenoid. Or am I misunderstanding? Here's a link to what I'd buy.

i have one gla system already but im looking for a whole other regulator for a couple other tanks i have and im just trying to figure out if theres a way to take say a milwaukee regulator and do what that item you linked would do for a gla regulator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts