The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Hydor variety on my 75 gallon tank seems to work very well. As far as the Jebo is concerned I thought only hydor was making the inline externals. If they are of similar design I would say they should work pretty well.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
One could assume the same craftsmanship goes into them as does alot of their other products. Anything Jebo is a gamble. I think I would personally want to stay away from products of theirs that are intended to heat up for fear of it not knowing when to shut off.
As suggested the hydor seems to be a greatly reviewed product. very positive. In cases like these I think you'd be better going with the name brand original.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
One could assume the same craftsmanship goes into them as does alot of their other products. Anything Jebo is a gamble. I think I would personally want to stay away from products of theirs that are intended to heat up for fear of it not knowing when to shut off.
As suggested the hydor seems to be a greatly reviewed product. very positive. In cases like these I think you'd be better going with the name brand original.
Agreed, you don't want to gamble on a cheap heater. I've also got a hydor and love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Hydor's inline heater is a safe bet, only problem is I can't get one where I live. None of the shops have them (and ordering on the net won't work since they are 110V and in Europe it's way too expensive)
I was thinking of DIY but then I saw the JEBO which actually looks like a copy of the Hydor. I can get one here for a good price but I was wandering if they are safe (they don't explain how the heating works as Hydor do...)
They have been on the market for more than a year. I'm sure by now they've sold a few... there must be people out there who can share with us their first hand experience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.