The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am pretty much decided on what kinds of fish I want to add to my tank when it is ready to go. I'll be adding them over a period of a few months in the following order/quantity:

- 7-12 Neon Tetra's
- 5-7 Kuhli Loaches
- 7-10 Crystal Red Shrimp

(I am looking more at those lower limits)

By the way, I realise that if the shrimp breed, the other fish will eat the young. I don't want a colony, and live food is a good thing right? :p

I was merely wondering if anyone out there knows of any massive objections to this scenario that I may not have come across in my research?

Many thanks! =]

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Don't know about the loaches, but the neons won't *necessarily* wipe out the colony assuming you have at least some good hiding areas.

I've got a rcs cull colony plugging along in my riparium-retirement tank with that includes three elderly neon tetra, a black molly, a BN pleco, endlers and a voracious female betta. Low light, relatively sparse and open form plants so I'm guessing any young shrimp are tucking themselves in tight under the driftwood pieces, hiding in the java fern, or among the riparium plant roots. Note however, that these are *culls*, not my good shrimp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.