The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I haven't played since the days of Mirage. No clue where my collection is either. Really fun game, except only my cousin and I played around here. So it got old quick.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I played up until the Urza expansion.. still have some cards lying around.

Curious, is MtG still what it used to be? Some time ago, I saw some people playing, and one had some 12/12 indestructible creature, another had a creature that forces the defender to sacrifice like ten permanents every time it attacked. Back when I played, cards weren't nearly this powerful.. even those that were "exaggeratedly strong" weren't ones you bother putting in a deck.

·
Registered
999 Posts
There have been a lot of different themes/mechanics in MtG since you played Leviathan. Urza block though was arguably the most broken with all the combos/banned cards so it's only gotten better.

They reverted back to the old stack rules about 1-2 yrs ago so it's probably how you remember. The tournament scene also changed in terms of the Pro Tour and so forth......not going into all the details here.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have played off and on for about 8 years. The last time I played much was with a group on the college campus that played the Highlander format. I also played type 2 at the local card shop. I was actually just talking to some people at work today about starting to play again. 2 of my coworkers are thinking of getting back into it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There have been a lot of different themes/mechanics in MtG since you played Leviathan. Urza block though was arguably the most broken with all the combos/banned cards so it's only gotten better.
For some reason, the only thing I had remembered all these years about the Urza block were those useless sleeping enchantments. I took a look through some of my old cards, and yeah, there's some really insane stuff in there. Those blue cards that untap lands when you cast them (freebies!), those lands that give you X amount of mana for different types of permanents (sure as hell remember abusing those).. there's probably even more stuff I'm forgetting. Still, a lot of those cards are good in combos. None of it seems as outrageous as some 12/12 creature making you sacrifice a bunch of cards every time it attacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.