The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been spending a lot of time getting the ground cover planted in my discus tank only to find it floating at the top a little while later. (Somehow, my fish seem to think my digging in a spot makes it even more interesting and requires further investigation, kinda like a cat needing to use the litterbox right after it is cleaned!) I often have an audiance with all the fish (tetra's, discus, cories, etc.) gathering around the spot while I'm planting!

Does anybody have any techniques or insight on how to keep the starts planted so they can take hold, despite curious large fish? Some of my bigger plants I was able to put a small rock on, but I can't do this with the groundcovers.

Tina

·
Registered
786 Posts
i have had the same problem with getting my marselia planted, but the problem wasn't so much with my discus as it was with my large BN plecos (the proverbial bull in the chinashop). I finally solved the problem by planting the the marselia nice and deep and then putting a plant weight strip on top of it. After about a week the roots will have set in and you can carefully remove the plant weights.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have fluorite and sand. It stays down... until feeding time or they get curious!

Is there a mesh type product or something I can use to keep it down?

Oh, the types of plants I'm trying is a grassy type of dwarf sag (I can't remember the name of it, but it has a really fine blade on it and stays smaller, and that water clover stuff, marisala?) I've got the more technical names written down at home!:icon_lol:

Tina

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.