The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting this kit but would like to hear from anyone who has used it or similar CO2 kits from JBL. I use aqua carbon at the 'mo but want to change over to CO2 partly to help reduce my pH (which is 7.9 in the tank, 8.2 from the tap). I've heard this might lead to melting so any advice on how to accomplish the changeover to minimise this would also be very gratefully recieved! Thanks.

Viv

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
Can't help with the specific kit you mentioned, just look at the size of the bottles and see if it makes sense long term. Sometimes investing in a larger CO2 tank and "normal" regulator saves over time. Not knowing the size of your aquarium it's hard to say.

Adding CO2 to a tank usually doesn't result in melting, most of the time it leads to bigger, greener, faster growing plants. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I know the bottle is small and I've been told today smaller bottles cost more to refill! The kit itself would essentially be free for me as I can buy it with credit I get for rcs. The store's pretty limited with what it can get unfortunately :(

Themelting was something someone on another forum experienced when they changed from liquid to gas. Maybe there was another factor involved though. Anyway, thanks again.

Viv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.