The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link: Odyssea CFS4 Canister Filter - 702004

It's is cheap....cheaper. I know the saying you get what you pay for but you do pay extra if you fall for false advertisement too.

Any info is great, I might buy a XP2 soon but dam this is half the price but I know everyone raves about the Rena's. Dont need to discuss which is better but just if the Odyssea is worth it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll wait another 30 min. for more reply, if not then I'm heading to petsmart. I've been without filter for almost 2 weeks now, well i'm using only a jet sponge filter but still not good enough.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got one off ebay 3 days ago, well it was delivered 3 days ago.
Took it apart and cleaned it and media. Filled with water and hook hoses up.
It was very loud. I thought it was air stuck inside of it so i let it run for about 2 hrs.
One of my freinds came over to check it out (he has a fluval 405). We inspected everthing. Couldnt come up with nothing. He left and i gave up for a little bit, searched all over the net for a answer. Couldnt find anything.

Well about 1 hr passed and I went back to the filter. Took it all apart, had a 5 gallon bucket beside me put all the media baskets in it. Started thinking what could be making this noise? Took impeller out, there is a piece of plastic you have to rotate to take it out. looked at the bottom of this peice and there was a little circle groove pattern wore very lightly in it. Looked down were the impeller goes into the motor and there was a little white washer in there on a soft piece of rubber that the shaft goes into. Took this washer and put it on the other end of the impeller and put it back together. BAM works like a charm.
There is a quality check sticker on the bottom of my filter. There is no way this filter went through a quality check, if it did this should have been caught. It was 10 times louder than it is now, with the washer in the wrong place.
So there you have it. All the problems I have had so far and I have only had this thing for less than a week.
Now the choice is up to you.

Here is a link nice review
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/12028-equipment-review-jebo-828-canister-filter.html?highlight=cfs4

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just came back and got the XP2, but just my luck it's missing things. I was in a hurry since it was almost closing time and there was only one left. It appeared to be opened, so I sneeked a peak. From the foam fixture I can see there were a few tubes and accesories missing but still I didn't know if it was really missing or they just don't use that space. Brought it to the clerk and ask him it looks to be opened are you guys sure everything is there. He said it should but if not just bring it back. Showed the online print out, paid, and went home.

When I got home I rinsed the charcoal pack, then guess what, no dam instruction. Ok I'm no dodo so I started to piece the tubing like a puzzle, got all of the outlet tubes but dam, no inlet tubing and I'm talking about the hard plastic ones. My only guess is somebody broke their and went to petsmart and open it, and stole some pieces or it was a return item and they kept some things. Guess petsmart didn't check. I know I can return it and get what I need but dam I just can't catch a break these days....boooooo. :mad:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Glad you got a XP. the Odyssea are great filters if you get one that is functional. I've heard of some people gettign cracked housings and a couple tanks drained. But I've also heard these stories about fluvals and what not so..

anyways Mine has been up and running for over a year and has not failed me in anyway. Keeps my tank fairly clean.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My Odyssea has been rocking for about 3months now. Quiet and efficient. Others have been less lucky though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well traded mine it for a another one and everything is great now. You only think about the price before buying but now that I have it, I dont even remember how much I payed for the rena.....well I still do ha ha.

Now I can just enjoy my tank and not worry about this and that. Just got a bunch of rummies, blue rams, and cardinals. Love my tank again and will be better when my other plant gets in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.