The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

this is my 215ltr tank i have 2 anubias on driftwood and 3 amazon swords at the moment i am thinking of adding some crypts to the front of the tank ?? any suggestions on rearranging anything i already have in there ?? cheers DG

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
i have that exact tank :)

mine is a jebo af98

there is loads you should add, you have just started :)

if you are just using the standard 3 t8's that came with the tank it is not much light, but you should be able to grow some lower light plants...

some e. parviflorus would go nicely in the foreground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for the reply

my tank is called a aquaone 980 i have 2 t8 lights plus on pinkish coloured light do you have a under gravel heater in your tank ?? i looked up the e. parviflorus they look good maybe some dwarf ones . I keep my lights on for 8 hours a day do you think that is long enough for low light plants ?? also do you have any pics of your tank on this site so i could check them out ??

cheers DG:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
What do you want to do with the tank? Raising discus with a few plants or heavily planted with a few discus? If you are hoping to keep that many discus in that tank, you have lots of empty space for gravel cleaning and water changes - so you should probably not plant more.

I can’t tell but the amazon swords look like they were grown out of water. If that is the case, the leaves may slowly die off while new leaves will form. You need to have patience as this takes time. I would however change the background to a solid blue or black.

I am not a lighting expert but expect that someone will suggest more lighting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping to have a tank that looks good plus give my fish a natural enviroment i have 5 discus 3 angels 2 panchax 2 clown loach and 2 blue rams . I dont want to plant to heavily as im not planning on adding co2 injections . What low light plant would you recomend for the foreground ??? i have 2 lots of filtration running on the tank the hood one and a aquaone 1250 cannister filter . And roughly 90watts of lighting that i run for 8 hours during the day !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts