The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Been looking to stock my tank with something other than amano shrimp. Ordering online has not seemed to bring me much luck - anyone know any good LFS that sell shrimp? Looking for CRS and blue velvet dream shrimp, (or shrimp within that color range).

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have CRS, blue velvet shrimp, and carbon rili shrimp available. Not too many though, like 25-50 of each and I try not to sell more than half at a time.

You can text me at 971-CORAL-79 for photos etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm. I'm looking for tiger shrimp.

Ordered three online, one was DOA and being eaten, the one who was eating the DOA one ended up dead a day or two later.

The third is happy and healthy (and sort of blue-green instead of the orange that the other two were), but that does make me hesitant to purchase from that place again! I suspect the third is also a female, sadly not berried.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i have orange tiger (stripeless as you know) and red tigers.

tigers are super aggressive eaters. Once a tiger shows weakness and can't fend for themselves, the others WILL go after it. you can usually spot dead by the crowds around it, if you get to them on time. Usually they're gone lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have orange tiger (stripeless as you know) and red tigers.

tigers are super aggressive eaters. Once a tiger shows weakness and can't fend for themselves, the others WILL go after it. you can usually spot dead by the crowds around it, if you get to them on time. Usually they're gone lol
Huh! Ok, perhaps 'orange' is the wrong descriptor. The two that died _did_ have stripes. Is there a term for the default color for tigers?

Are you willing to sell me any of your tigers? I can't tell. :)

And fascinating! I had no idea that they were so aggressive.

Bump:

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can check out shrimpspot.com forums, a lot of sellers there. Like randy lei from shrimpwiki.com (from Canada but he does ship to us) a lot of guys stop selling.. like speedieaquatics etc, they all had great selections of more high end dwarf shrimps.

bluecrownaquatic trade also imports in nice crystal shrimp (they use to be csky USA)

Bump: another seller is yoyo from aquaview design, they also have a physical store.. probably around northhampton, MA unless they moved location outside of the city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.