The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting around Kokanee season and I'm getting stoked! Planning a trip to Blue Mesa to do some salmon fishing and I'm so ready for it. I love me some smoked salmon ooh boy! I hope that doesn't. Upset my friends in my aquarium lol.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I love fishing but I'm too scared to drive up mountains haha, lucky you. I wanted to try catching Kokanee. The only one I'm willing to go to is Carter Lake, but I hear there are hardly any Kokes in there since something else kept eating them when they were stock as babies.

Have you caught a greyling before, I heard they are very pretty especially mating seaon and that they taste wonderful haha,.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I travel a lot for my job and get around to plenty of places. Couple weeks ago I had a job at 6am in Silverthorne. When I got there they cancelled the job, so I fished the blue river for the day and got a couple of brown trout. Nothing beats getting away from the city for the peaceful quiet mountain stream or lake. Lately I've been in Kiowa, not much out there cept cows and hawks. Plenty of antelope too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do a little fishing here and there around Fort Collins, but my favorite is fishing some of the backcountry streams and reservoirs up Poudre Canyon.

I'm not a "real" angler, but Comanche Reservoir and Beaver Creek are always good to me - my 10-year-old and I got about a half-dozen brookies and rainbows on regular reels with little spinners last time we backpacked up that way. Lots of fun.

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts