The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
My 20 gallon aquarium is almost done cycling.
I know their are certain fish such as Neon and Cardinal Tetras that can not be put in a newly established aquarium.
I was thinking of Zebra Danios, but I hear they breed really quickly.
Do you guys no any small/medium sized and peaceful fish(s) that would do well in a newly established 20 gallon planted aquarium?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm partial to most tetras and rasboras. A few pairs of black phantom tetras or red tail rasboras would put things off to a good start. There are a lot of other fish you could consider. After all, it's your tank.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tiger barbs are usually pretty entertaining. I also like the bloodfin tetras, they are not really colorful but the like to swim through the plants and they school well. Overall they look very natural.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mollies, Guppies, Cherry barbs, and Endlers are all really hardy, peaceful fish.
Although if your tank is cycled, then your tank is cycled. In other words, get the fish you want, they should be fine, just don't get anything thats too sensitive like rams or something.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I cycled my tank with 13 cardinal tetras just fine using atm colony. if your cycle is done I would say your 100% fine. the biggest thing to be concerned with is maintaining good quality water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.