The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
This is not by any means a review thread, or a promotional thread.

I work at petsmart and we just got in national geographic stuff. Filters, foods, etc. etc.

I bought a small internal filter so I can use it in conjunction with my hob marina s20 until my eheim 2211 arrives this week. The marina isn't pushing water enough and it's not clearing my tank from some mishap I had with a riparium planter and it's damned default suction cups. I had gravel all over my tank I had to vacuum it out and replace the substrate in a spot. Hence the cloudiness. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these new filters yet? There supposed to have canisters too, be interesting to see those.

I stuffed the filter with filter floss, and put it in my tank 20 minutes ago and it's surprisingly clear. There's a good flow on them. It's super quiet too. Has anyone else seen all this new stuff??

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am to as the lighting says 20k for the blues and 7-10k for the whites. But there in tubes so I'm not so sure how they would work for planted tanks. But they are fully programmable which I though was pretty awesome. The filter I purchased is working very well. Even wich the spray bar I added for extra flow it's pushing water very well with no lost pressure.

I'm looking forward to seeing what there canister filters are like.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am to as the lighting says 20k for the blues and 7-10k for the whites. But there in tubes so I'm not so sure how they would work for planted tanks. But they are fully programmable which I though was pretty awesome. The filter I purchased is working very well. Even wich the spray bar I added for extra flow it's pushing water very well with no lost pressure.

I'm looking forward to seeing what there canister filters are like.
Which filter did you buy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Its all knockoffs of the old eheim stuff. The HOB's are not that good. They have tiny filter media slots and they have significant filter bypass due to poor design placement of the final media location. The Canister filters are probably ok though but there are better alternatives like the fluval canisters or even the marineland canisters.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the fs20 and put a spray bar on it. It worked pretty well. The internal ones that are bigger with the sections and ball head are nice but I wouldn't have a use for it.

But I agree. Even the bio media they use is the same as eheim

·
Registered
42 Posts
the Nat Geo deluxe led lights say fully programable but i have had 2, they are very bright for only putting out 14.6 watts, but the programable timers are junk. i could only run one program, when i was supposed to be able to run 2. i set the white to go on at 10:30 am, then off at 10:30 pm. the blue where to go on at 6:30 pm and off at 6:30 am. if program 1 was running(white) program 2 would not run.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know how your guys items are priced. But the filters are relatively cheap were I'm at. I think they pushed the equipment to fast and didn't go into any real test and error fix repeat process. But the ifs20 works heat no complaints about it. Not for 15 bucks and basically a power head that has filter capacity and customizable at that

·
Registered
2 Posts
My petsmart just got these filters in. The filter I did have in my daughter's 10 gallon tank just died and I replaced it with the IFS20. It was just $20. Even the IFS30 was just $20. That said, it is in the tank. Very easy to setup but makes a vibrating noise that is kinda loud. :(. I will see how long this lasts since it is in my daughter's bedroom and may keep her up at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not by any means a review thread, or a promotional thread.

I work at petsmart and we just got in national geographic stuff. Filters, foods, etc. etc.

I bought a small internal filter so I can use it in conjunction with my hob marina s20 until my eheim 2211 arrives this week. The marina isn't pushing water enough and it's not clearing my tank from some mishap I had with a riparium planter and it's damned default suction cups. I had gravel all over my tank I had to vacuum it out and replace the substrate in a spot. Hence the cloudiness. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these new filters yet? There supposed to have canisters too, be interesting to see those.

I stuffed the filter with filter floss, and put it in my tank 20 minutes ago and it's surprisingly clear. There's a good flow on them. It's super quiet too. Has anyone else seen all this new stuff??

My petsmart just got these filters in. The filter I did have in my daughter's 10 gallon tank just died and I replaced it with the IFS20. It was just $20. Even the IFS30 was just $20. That said, it is in the tank. Very easy to setup but makes a vibrating noise that is kinda loud. :(. I will see how long this lasts since it is in my daughter's bedroom and may keep her up at night.

·
Registered
987 Posts
They aren't knock-offs; they ARE Eheims, just made in a different color way so you hopefully won't notice. I got a couple of the heaters and they had Eheim warranty info inside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.