The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be traveling to Vietnam soon and may have a very good opportunity to get a good buy on some good quality Crystal Red Shrimp. I would like to return with them in my suitcase(legally). Does anyone have experience with US Customs and importing FRESH WATER SHRIMP?
Thank you.........

·
Registered
139 Posts
importing....

i travel a good bit and deal with customs on a regular basis, from my personal experience your best bet would be to package them and ship them back home. if you do want to try to bring some back in your luggage be prepared to have them taken.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yeah I don't think bringing them back in your luggage will work. I'm pretty sure, in order to do it legally, you will have to declare them, which will require paperwork and forms similar to those that are required when you ship them. Only, with the shipping, it's probably less of a hassle.

While I don't condone it at all, I think the only way you would be able to bring them back in your luggage is by smuggling them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
See if you can find a transhipper in you area. That is how a lot of people get the battas from Thailand. It dose add some to the cost, but not as much as you would think. Thy have all the paper work, then thy ship to you or you pick up from them. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Use a transshipping company and pay them to do their job properly.
Import enough to allow you to sell some right away and defray costs.

You were only allowed a couple of ounces of liquid before last week.
Now the rules are in flux and you can't count on anything except delays and a lot more security theater. If you don't get that term, Google security theater tsa and be prepared to weep for the cost in freedom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.