The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any (ex)track and field athletes?

1095 11
So I just had my district meet today and have finals on Friday. Just wondering if any of you guys out there share or used to share the same interests as me in this hobby and running?

Maybe share your events and personal records? Just would like to discuss with various people their experiences, records etc.

I'll start off:
400m: 54.02s
200m: 24.09s
100m: 12.10s
Height: 6'2.5"
Weight: 170lb

:biggrin:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I was your age I was a very similar build. I was 6'3" and also right around 170lbs. My PRs are not as good as yours:
400m 59s
200m 29s
100m 13s

I am now 44 and after taking a looooooong break from running I now run for fitness but can't come close to those times.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I really wish I could enjoy running, but I hate it so very much. I admire people who get pleasure from it. When I was in the Army I dreaded running every morning. Is there some secret to making it enjoyable that I don't know about?

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really wish I could enjoy running, but I hate it so very much. I admire people who get pleasure from it. When I was in the Army I dreaded running every morning. Is there some secret to making it enjoyable that I don't know about?
I hate long D runnin which is why I do sprints. I enjoy tailgating someone... Hopefully eventually passin them. :)

Tailgating at higher speeds is even better. :hihi:

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 13 year old is big into track and two-time state champion in the 400 for his age group. for whatever (stupid) reason, they didn't offer the 400 this year.
He's 6'4" and 142 soaking wet wearing boots.

9/10 400m = 1.07.22
11/12 400m = 58 flat.

Next year he's eligible for HS level athletics and will be running the 400 again. He also does the 4x4 and the 200 for a warm up. He's working on longer distance sprints, his endurance is good, he runs cross country in the fall. He broke his leg last fall in baseball and since recovery took 6 months (it was thru the growth plate) his times haven't been what they were but he's getting there. His best time since the break is 59 flat.

His goal is the Olympics in 4 years, plus I wouldn't mind a trip to Rio ;P
Can't wait to watch the track and field events this week!

~Kelli

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
In HS and College I ran distance. 1600, 3200, and CC. The day after I graduated HS I ran a marathon. In first track season at college I destroyed my ankle and running has never been the same.

I ride bike now, both to commute and for fun. I've put about 1200 miles on my bike this year.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I was a thrower for a short time until I dislocated and pretty much ruined my shoulder because I threw the shot wrong. I had it dislocated for about a week and a half before I got it put back in because I thought I had just sprained it and didn't go to a doctor. I even tried throwing a couple of days after I initially hurt it and couldn't believe how short my throws were. After that it would just kind of pop out and back in randomly on me so I never got to throw again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.