The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in avon lake and am having a hard time finding a good planted aquarium shop. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just went to Cleveland yesterday, stopped into two stores. RMS aquaculture 6629 Engle Rd #108, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 and Something Fishy 4764 State Rd, Cleveland, OH 44109. RMS is ok lots of plants but nothing really stem wise or exotic, swords, cryps etc. Livestock was okish. Maybe a step up from petsmart or petco. Something Fishy doesn't have a whole lot of plants but if your into cichlids, WOW. I coulda have stayed for hours in there. Specializing in africans but all sorts of varieties. Even got 20 green neon tetras there. Next time i'm in Cleve i'll try some other spots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What's up guys.. So I'm new to the hobby and the forum but I've got plenty of local information. I visit the pet stores everyday, yes everyday. Every store so far has a selection of plants, small but it's still a selection.

I just went to RMS they're running low on stock but on march 31st they will be getting an order of plants. Java and willow moss on 4-9-14.

The pets supplies plus in fairlawn has a lovely range of plants with awesome sale prices. I got swords, Anubias, dwarf baby tears and a few more plants for $2.58 each. That is the best deal I've seen yet and maybe still happening, although I took lot of the stock I left plenty behind.

Two turtles in Akron is lowly stocked right now as well only a few wisterias and hornwort. But they received a shipment of driftwood which no one on this list really has.

Petsmart in cuyahoga and montrose are running low as well and they only have gel cloned plants and Marimo balls costing $2. They have a huge sale on fish right now as well.

Fish city pets in Barberton is run by a family woman and she has java moss, lace, hornwort, jungle val and a few more and she has good prices. She's very nice and it'll be awesome if you can bring business to her as she is in a smaller town.

Good luck on your hunt. If you need any updates let me know. I'm 30 years old and retired so I have plenty of time to drive around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You forgot Pets General Store in Lakewood. Mopani is $2.99 a pound, they usually have a lot of plants. They do get some of their stock from local breeders. Not much though.

You could drop by a meeting of CAS, or look them up on the yahoo groups first. If someone who has plants or fish you want knows before a meeting, they may bring a selection for you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts