The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I play a little banjo. I have a cheap rogue banjo (got for 150 dollars lol). I play clawhammer since skruggs is still a little hard for me...I forget what the site was but there is one with a whole bunch of them on there. Most are skruggs songs and intermediate- advanced levels. I just use a book I bought...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been playing guitar acoustic and electric for a while, and a few years back having to work a monster crunch, (no free time) I kind of got depressed and picked up a banjo. That sucker is hard to play.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting, talking about guitars on a fish board. lol

I have been getting into the multi string guitars. Like the 10 11 13 14 string nylon guitars.

I built a 10 string out of some silly homedepot supplies. I made it slim and put piezo buzzers in it to make it electric. It is kind of like the banjo. It is cool, I just cant get to the level to make is sound cool.

My next project is a 14 string guitar acoustic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You should just give guitar smithing a shot.

I started out in my early 20's with just doing dumb things. Like I refret an acoustic with a coat hanger because I had no idea where to get fret wire. It turned out to be pretty cool to play with frets that big (less finger effort). It took a ton of work to get them all smooth, but I learned something. I still have it after all these years.

I started doing the piezo mod where you hook up piezo buzzers to simulate the acoustic tone. I did this on electric guitars. then acoustic. I have been trying real hard to make even balanced stereo piezos, that I can move each string to the left or right stereo pan. Had it working on a badly put together nylon SG. But the piezos fell off. When you cut a piezo, the output varies. some strings will be louders than others.

Then the LED fretboards.

Then the nylon acoustic stratocaster.

Then I built the 10 string, and made a flashing led guitar, and made some replicas of other famous goofey guitars out of existing pathetic guitars.

I just about got into moding guitars more than playing them.

I am going off on a tangent, but yeah... If you want to give it a shot, start today. It takes a good while till you get the hang of it, and develope the skill. I am still working on the skill part. I would like to build a perfect acoustic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.