The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please run down for me the various Anubias' in terms of size? ie, smallest to largest.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Here are a few photos of some common (and not common:micro) anubias I have showing leaf sizes

I'll list ones I know, there are plenty I've not owned yet to get proepr size info on
Small to large:
micro
petite
narrow leaf.. gold
nana
coffeefolia
barterie
Broadleaf
Hastifolia
I owned others but lost them to rhizome rot several years ago and forget their sizes...
I've been told my gold/golden anubias is abnormal as most are the size of nana but mine is between nana and petite.. so I may have a hybrid (golden pollinated with a petite and made smaller offspring).

Check out the anubias wiki to see some other anubias. Look at "Size in aquarium", its in cm but you can sue a converter on google "convert cm to inches".

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
That is a small broadleaf for the example photo. When i had one it was HUGE.. lemme dig up the photo...

that's 4.5-5"+ leaf size
Sadly lost it to rhizome rot..nearly cried when it went.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Wow! That's impressive. How long did it take to get that size? Any special growing conditions?
Sadly I cannot answer that. I got it from a seller (who is no longer on this forum), it came this size, and was lost within a month to the contagious disease. They were mis-selling it as regular barterie. Its rhizome was thicker than my thumb, it was at about 1" diameter!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.