The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You clearly have ideal conditions for that plant because ive only seen a flowering anubias a handful of times, id like to see pictures of it open if you can get those :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW. Well here is how I have them. It is in the bottom of a standard 29g, 4" of flourite/gravel, lighting is 1x 36" T12(6500k) and a 26" T8(9325k). Lights stay on for 11h. Lots of surface cover from valls and B. pennywort and frogspawn. Flow is low. Nitrates are high and I fert with Flourish comprehensive supplement.

I will get you guys more pics later once my batteries charge

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose, age must have something to do with it. The plant is just over a year old. I also do heavy fertilization with DIY ferts. I fill gell caps with azomite and espoma palm fertilizer. 1gram gell caps.

Here is the tank shot:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't think age has anything to do with flowering, just proper conditions. I have several Anubias in my 65 gallon, and in the 6 months I've had them, they've each flowered at least 2 or 3 times apiece. All of them have flowered underwater as well, as they're all too far below the surface to reach the air.

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.