The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy some of these plants:

*Blyxa japonica- I don't need a huge load of these plants. I'm looking for around ten or so.

*Anubias Nana "Variegated"- I would really like one of these plants again! It doesn't matter to me if it's small or large.

*Purple Bamboo/red bamboo- just a couple stems worth.

If you have any of these to spare, please pm me with prices and shipping info. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you could buy anubias minima variegated on ebay for cheap. but variegated nana is not something you can get cheaply. i have anubias nana variegated and anubias stardust. here are some pictures.http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...re/86452-neils-emersed-setups.html#post646478
you could buy the rhizome that doesnt show much/any variegation and try your luck with that. im going to be trying tissue culture soon so ill propagate my variegated species as soon as i get a sense of that :p

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you could buy anubias minima variegated on ebay for cheap. but variegated nana is not something you can get cheaply. i have anubias nana variegated and anubias stardust. here are some pictures.http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...re/86452-neils-emersed-setups.html#post646478
you could buy the rhizome that doesnt show much/any variegation and try your luck with that. im going to be trying tissue culture soon so ill propagate my variegated species as soon as i get a sense of that :p
I know, I had quite a few before I tore down my tank. Now I'm thoroughly regretting getting rid of them... I'm not fond of minima. I'd rather spend the money on a nice plant that I will enjoy :)

If you have any luck with propagating the variegated though, I'd love to hit you up for one.

About how much are the variegated and stardust going now, anyway?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
what do you mean? the original plant was grown submersed but the leaves have since died and converted into the emersed form you see now. the leaves are 3-5 cm length wise and the original rhizome was about 4" but i split it up into three plants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts