The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! A post about this eye-catching Anubias is up on my blog AquaBiota! Here is an excerpt of what you’ll find there, for the rest click on the link below! Thank you for taking the time to check out this post ☺ Enjoy!
Inspire91

The defining characteristics as you can see in the pictures, is that there is a white vein that goes right down the middle of the leaves. The 3 pictures above are of young specimens, the white vein becomes more bright/wider and from that main vein, white "fork" lines go outward laterally across the leaf when the plant itself becomes older and more mature.

If this banner-link does not work here is an actual link http://aquabiota.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Same size as a nana bateri. There are a few variants that show these qualities.

Sadly its rare they are available here in the USA :^(
-G

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@wabisabi - I had a few from waaaay back when I first kept this plant, but I have since lost them :( There are however pictures of mature specimens on the internet, just google the name :)

@gordonrichards - Myself and a friend of mine will actually have some for sale within a few weeks, if you are still interested, just keep your eyes open :)

@aweeby - Yes it does retain the markings underwater, and as I mentioned in the blog, the vein down the middle of the leaf gets more bright and wider as the Anubias matures, the pictured specimen is a young one, the white markings only get better with time!

@hybridherp - As for the size of this plant, its a basic nana size, leaves just under the size of a quarter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts