The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ill seem like an idiot for this, but i'm rather new to Anubias, yet still put it in my tank. I recently bought Anubias minima tissue culture. I know that Anubias is supposed to root onto rocks or driftwood, but no website would tell me how to make sure it would root, as it was being a tissue culture. I put it down onto a rock in the center of my 20 gal clearwater (betta/ember tetra), hoping it would root. For the first week, it looked fine and green. an hour ago, I checked it and it was looking quite droopy and less vibrant. Any tips? I'll try and put a picture in, but idk if it will take.

its just under the squid.

·
Registered
Simple easy plants for my Ramshorn snails, & other small water gardens to eventually get shrimp.
16 Posts
I know ill seem like an idiot for this, but i'm rather new to Anubias, yet still put it in my tank. I recently bought Anubias minima tissue culture. I know that Anubias is supposed to root onto rocks or driftwood, but no website would tell me how to make sure it would root, as it was being a tissue culture. I put it down onto a rock in the center of my 20 gal clearwater (betta/ember tetra), hoping it would root. For the first week, it looked fine and green. an hour ago, I checked it and it was looking quite droopy and less vibrant. Any tips? I'll try and put a picture in, but idk if it will take. View attachment 1025422
I'm not sure what a "tissue culture" is, but, but I know the Anubias I grow are very slow growing, so maybe it's just taking it's time.

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
594 Posts
I'm not sure what a "tissue culture" is, but, but I know the Anubias I grow are very slow growing, so maybe it's just taking it's time.
Tissue culture is a cloned plant grown in sterile conditions. This is one way to be free of pests and algae.

I know ill seem like an idiot for this, but i'm rather new to Anubias, yet still put it in my tank. I recently bought Anubias minima tissue culture. I know that Anubias is supposed to root onto rocks or driftwood, but no website would tell me how to make sure it would root, as it was being a tissue culture. I put it down onto a rock in the center of my 20 gal clearwater (betta/ember tetra), hoping it would root. For the first week, it looked fine and green. an hour ago, I checked it and it was looking quite droopy and less vibrant. Any tips? I'll try and put a picture in, but idk if it will take. View attachment 1025422
Many people glue anubius to rock or wood. Sometime it can wedged into a crevice in the hardscape. There are a number of YouTube videos showing how to glue it or tie it. Be careful not to smother or damage the rhizome. All new plants may "melt" to some degree, but often come back okay. Anubius does this less than other plants but I've seen it happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.