The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few anubias in my tank (nana, petit and recently added barteri 'Coffeefolia')

Nana and petit have brown algae, but I hope new SAE will help there. Apart of that leaves are turning yellow.

The new one - coffeefolia is kind of melting and some leaves have skeleton left only.

I’m dosing Seachem Flourish and Excel every other day together with 35% WC. No CO2 dosing. Led light 12h/day

PH 7.6
Nitrate 3 mg/l
Total hardened 6dH
Carbon hardness 11dH
Carbon dioxide 6mg/l

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Dark veins with yellowing leaves is indicative of a magnesium deficiency. I see that your hardness is 6 GH, so addition of magnesium (in addition to Seachem Flourish) should clear that up.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I’d look to your light and carbon source. 12 hours a day is quite a lot of lighting. You are getting brown algae on the leaves as well as experiencing yellowing and melt. That’s a good indication you have insufficient CO2 for the amount of light on your tank. Rather than dosing more excel, why not reduce the photoperiod and intensity of your light. Anubias are low light plants and will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.