The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trimming anubias b. nana this weekend. 2"rhizome 8-12 leaves. could have as many as 3-4 peices. anyone local interested?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have a small amount in a week at next tank trim

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new bump

this is a new post just edited 8/01

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just moved into town. I would be interested if you make another cut anytime soon. Also what are your favorite LFS in the Austin and surrounding areas. I have been to Amazonia and Aquatech so far and was making sure I wasnt missing anywhere else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How would you compare Aquatec to Amazonia? I've been to amazonia many times, but never have been to aquatec. What kind of plant selection do they have there? anything rare?

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my opinion I like the selection at Aquatec better than Amazonia. Both are hit and miss and you need to go there very soon after the plant shipments arrive to get plants in the very best condition. Amazonia feels to be mainly ferns, crypts, and a few anubias plants. This week they have a huge anubias for $20 that I really thought about picking up. Aquatec has has alot more stem plants and semi hard to find stuff. Aquatec also has more CO2 equipment. They are not to far apart from each other so I usually visit both if I have the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where to get HC in Austin?

I've been to both Amazonia, and Aquatek and neither had any HC. I'm about to rescape my 2.5g office tank and would love some HC for it.. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I lived in "SoCo" in Bouldin Creek. I have some monsterous Swords growing like crazy and some Ferns. I'm looking for some smaller carpet-like plants to conver the bottom and the rocks. I'm disappointed with Amazonia and Rivers & Reefs these days. If interested in sharing greenery, send me an email.

badgerjeffrey at hotmail dot com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts