The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, so I'll probably continue searching for an answer in a bit...

I bought three pretty large anubias plants from an LFS with a ton of leaves on it for my 100g tank (roughly $50 for all three! :angryfire). They all had a bit of fungus on them and a few dying leaves. I cut all of that off, but a few weeks later, and two of the three still succumbed to the fungus and completely died off. On the third one, I cut up further into the healthy part just to make sure there's still no fungus in there, so there's still about 4 leaves that are completely healthy. That one I'm not too worried about and I'm sure will recover.

From the other two, there were a few pieces on the rhizome that had absolutely no fungus, but there are also no leaves. The rhizome is bright green and very strong - not mushy at all. Is it possible that these leafless rhizomes can put out some new leaves and recover?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. That's exactly what I needed to know. I've had anubias plants for over two years, but never without leaves. I'm hoping once these recover and start sending out new leaves, they'll start to grow as quickly as my other anubias.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I have had the same thing plague me as well. IDK what exactly it is, but it spreads :( 3 year old nana mother plants would just die without warning.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no! Does it spread to other anubias plants easily? The plagued anubias were in the tank for a couple of weeks. All the other anubias seem to be fine and throwing out new leaves though.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
IDK, I just know something happened to about half of my anubias in my 55 gallon tank about 16 months ago. after a while everything leveled out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll give that a try. Although, I've been dosing some H202 for over a month trying to get rid of some bba on my driftwood. The bba let go of the plants after a few doses, but won't leave my dw alone! If I up my h202 doses on the tank, you think that could help get rid of any fungus that may be in my tank?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts