The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anubia and driftwood quest.

1045 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  @[email protected]
Hello guys, i have a driftwood with some holes. I got my nano anubia and stuck inside one of the wholes really carefully all the roots. Will it eventually root to the driftwood?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
As long as it continues to grow it will. I have the same thing, and there are roots coming out of it like crazy. Give it enough time and it should grab on pretty well.
awsome thank you for the fast response. Do i need to like those root tabs since is not in the substrate?
I don't use root tabs for anything, but I do dose nitrogen, potassium, and phosphates 3 times a week for my high light setup. If you are going the low light route then this would be different for you. Like Marko said though, you don't need it for anubias in any tank. They get their nutrients from the water column.

Edit: I also dose micro nutrients on opposite days. Once again, this is for a high light setup.
I put my anubia's inside my driftwood and after about two months time, the roots got so long and big, it looks like a jail for the fish, but they play in and out of the roots. They are right about the plant getting nutrients from the water. It seems to grow much faster out of the substrate.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yourtanks.php?do=view&id=568
cool, thanks guys, im also dosing dry ferts and trace on different days, due to high lighting setup.
cool, thanks guys, im also dosing dry ferts and trace on different days, due to high lighting setup.
That is exactly what I do in the tank that I put the pic up of.
that is reccomended since some of the chemicals in different fertz can bond and become a third, and probably useless, substance
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.