The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yip i want pressurised co2, and yes im cheap. i was looking at this...

and a refillable bottle for about £40-50

http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/co2...m_source=product-search&utm_medium=googlebase

do all the cannisters fit all the regulators or is there different valves etc???

please recommend an option for me im in edinburgh uk and prob have access to home brewery refilling stations. i'll spend a maximum of £100

thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
European standards are different from Asian/North American standards.

The regulator you have shown is likely made for Asian standards.

In addition to a regulator, you will need a needle valve and may want a solenoid/bubble counter/drop checker as well.

It will be difficult to obtain a complete setup for the price that you have mentioned; a CO2 cylinder makes up just over half your budget. In my opinion, pressurized CO2 is not something that you should be cheap on, as it will end up costing you more in the future when you inevitably find yourself having to upgrade. Instead, if you invest properly in it once, you will be set for life.

For more information regarding pressurized CO2, take a look at my pressurized CO2 guide that I wrote (linked in my signature).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.