The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks more like a panaque to me but I'm not sure if it's a clown or one of the many other similar looking panaques. I was going to say I thought it definitely wasn't a hypancistrus (zebras are hypancistrus zebra) but I did a quick search on planetcatfish and found this one and it does look similar: http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=hypancistrus+sp(l316)&image_id=7234

Either way, it'll be a great looking pleco once it settles in! I would feed a variety of foods until you can figure out what it is and what it likes.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you.

This is him all settled in haha. He's been in the tank nearly as long as it's been set up... probably 4-6 months. He's very shy and the only way i got this picture was b/c i turned the lights on to check something in the tank, so i'm thinking his coloration is due to that.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have some Rubber Lipped Plecos that have that slightly marbled look, especially as soon as the lights are turned on. But this is just a guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.