The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the back of my community tank and noticed that one of my pairs of rams was acting unusually aggressive. I have 4 pairs of rams in my 40 gallon tank currently. Originally, I was only going to get 3 pairs as I was told by a breeder that each male would require 1.5 square feet of tank bottom for territory, but was given an extra pair unexpectedly from the person I ordered the rams from. At first, I was worried that the rams would fight and harass each other due to over crowding, but to my pleasant surprise, all the fish paired off quite quickly, within 2-3 days, and formed territories. Once the territories were settled the fighting pretty much stopped with just the occasional male vs male displaying against each other. Well, as you might have gathered from my other posts, after just a day and a half of getting the female rams in with the extra pair, I had eggs. Unfortunately, these eggs were soon gone, I assume at the hands of the parents themselves. After that, a few days later another of my ram pairs spawned, but sadly the eggs didn't even last it through the night. Today, I found a third pair has spawned in the back corner of the tank. I hope that this time the eggs last long enough for me to see fry. It seems, that I will be getting a lot ram spawns in this tank as I already have three of my four pairs of rams in there spawning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts