The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just made an account. Long time listener, first time caller. I recently purchased a 72g bowfront and I plan on doing a med tech planted tank. Flourite substrate a few inches deep, 24" height of tank, dosing some iron and excel. And someday would like to do compressed CO2. So my question is the same as every other. What LED light is right for me? I plan to do an eggcrate/mesh lid. And I want to be able to plant anything under the sun. I would like a light that is dimmable, programmable, lightning show for the kids, all the bells and whistles. Realistically I want to mimic sunrise, sunset, and moon phases. Hopefully that's enough info for a good suggestion. Cheers!

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Hey everybody, just made an account. Long time listener, first time caller. I recently purchased a 72g bowfront and I plan on doing a med tech planted tank. Flourite substrate a few inches deep, 24" height of tank, dosing some iron and excel. And someday would like to do compressed CO2. So my question is the same as every other. What LED light is right for me? I plan to do an eggcrate/mesh lid. And I want to be able to plant anything under the sun. I would like a light that is dimmable, programmable, lightning show for the kids, all the bells and whistles. Realistically I want to mimic sunrise, sunset, and moon phases. Hopefully that's enough info for a good suggestion. Cheers!
That's all you want???

http://www.dsuny.com.cn/
or:
http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/product/A3976-led-wifi-module/#.VvdlVllCCtM
and a Fresh & Plant 2.0 LED

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I want more? It looks like the Fluval I will have to buy other parts to make it simulate sunrise, sunset. Do we worry about wattage anymore? Or just Kelvin and par?

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Should I want more? It looks like the Fluval I will have to buy other parts to make it simulate sunrise, sunset. Do we worry about wattage anymore? Or just Kelvin and par?
W/ "color adjust-ability" K is unimportant..By tweaking a blue or red channel you can generally shift K by quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts