The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of the moving threads and still can't decide if it will be less stressful on my fish if I move them in their tanks, or in buckets. It's a pair of 10 Gallon tanks. I can move them myself with several inches of water in the tank and wood removed. It's going to create a bit of a muck storm though no matter how careful I am. Netting them all will put stress on them as well, but I think taking the ride in a bucket of their own tank water with cellophane and a towel over the top would be a much smoother way to make the crosstown trip. Right now I'm leaning toward buckets. I have time to order a USB pump and get a sponge filter cycled in case they stay in the buckets longer than planned while the tanks refill and settle in the new location. I'll be prepared to do quick water changes for a few days if the tanks cycle, which I am pretty sure they will. I think if I buy a bigger net I can get them in the buckets without having to chase them too much. Keeping the buckets dark might lower the stress level, too. If you have any tricks, let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I will over prepare, that sounds like the best plan. Definitely going the bucket route. So easy to carry and very little risk of dropping. If I drop or break a tank, I don't want there to be any fish in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.