The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of research on lighting and still have some questions. I was looking at the aquaticlife freshwater light kit. It has 2-54w t5HO 6000k, 2-54w t5HO Roseate lights and I really like the idea of the lunar led's. I am leaning towards a 75g tank it is 48x18x20 and I would set if off the glass by about 4-5”, so it will be about 22” above the substrate. From what I have read it sounds like this may be too many bulbs, I think I could always take out a bulb or two in order to achieve the right amount of light, what are your thoughts? What do the roseate lamps do is it to give the plants more color or is it for the fish? I saw Hoppy’s par readings and this is why I think this light kit would throw me into the very high light category, I am just unsure since there are two different types of bulbs.

I will be doing pressurized CO2 and would like to have the greatest flexibility with low or high light plants, do not want to limit myself here.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I would remove two of the bulbs, and put the remaining bulbs at the two outside positions, so they are as far apart as you can get them. Then with that at about 22 inches from the substrate I suspect you would have about 50 micromols of PAR, and good light spread. You could use which ever combination of bulbs makes the plants and fish look best to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.