The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dgH is at 0 and dkH is at 4.5, i'm still in the process of lowering my kh to around 1-3 but i want the gh to be some where around 4-6. how can i raise the gh without raising the kh.

i've down some searching on the forum and another but still haven't found what i wanted to know, so :help: !!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Nowadays I am using 100% RO for water changes and liking it a lot. But before I was using Baking soda to adjust the Kh upward and Barr's Gh Booster to adjust the Gh. My math and results worked out correctly, so I did not see any effect on the Kh from the Gh Booster.

Seachem makes a product (equilibrium maybe?) that is pretty much the same as Barr's Gh Booster, but may be easier for You to obtain. Its more expensive though....

HTH

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Trying to understand why you want to lower the KH?

To raise GH without raising KH just use Epsom salt and Calcium Chloride.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info HTH, i've read about the gh booster but wasn't sure if it messed with the kh or not...well now i know

rex, these parameters are for shrimps so they're a little wierd when compared to plants, using any kind of salt will be out of the questions but i'll look up on calcium cloride, Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
thanks for the info HTH, i've read about the gh booster but wasn't sure if it messed with the kh or not...well now i know

rex, these parameters are for shrimps so they're a little wierd when compared to plants, using any kind of salt will be out of the questions but i'll look up on calcium cloride, Thanks for the input
Just so ya know: HTH= Hope This Helps

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts