The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor quality pics. Bugger won't keep still long enough for me to get a better pic.

In PIC 1 - it's the fish (frontside view) in the middle between the 2 CPDs. I believe this is the male version.

In PIC 2, fish (backside view) above the CPD.

The guy at the lfs who sold me the fish called it a featherfin rainbow. I don't think that is the fish though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response! Now I know what they are. I purchased a male and 2 females a few months ago. Well I have lil-weee ones. :bounce::bounce::bounce: I had to separate the babies and put them in another tank. I will post some pics of the babies sometime soon.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do these guys school? And if so, how tightly? I've been trying to figure out a good schooling fish for my 75G, and it sounds like these guys are pretty easy to breed.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Do these guys school? And if so, how tightly? I've been trying to figure out a good schooling fish for my 75G, and it sounds like these guys are pretty easy to breed.
They school pretty tightly in my tank. Do note that they're still skittish when I walk over to the tank. When I sit on the couch, they tend to break into smaller groups and explore where ever the hell they want.

Sorry about the iPhone pic, but it shows what a decent size group looks like. There's 23 in that picture if I counted right.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh8/zergling2/ADA 120-P/Oct 6 2011/gertrudes.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.