The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my 55. I have 2x 65 CF, fluval 304, pressurized CO2 using a pollen glass. I dose EI more or less and have a KH and GH of approximately 0 out of the tap. Plants include cabomba, hygro diformis, tonina, riccia, l. aromatica, l. repens, vals, a sword and rotala rotundifolia. Fish are 10 cardinals, 5 black skirt and 3 serpae tetras and 3 oto's.

Any comments for improvement would be welcome. Thanks!

URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Beautiful tank! I especially love the lovely carpeted foreground. The only suggestion I might make would be perhaps something a little reddish to break up all of the green in the layout.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow... that riccia carpet must be a pain to maintain? Looks great though!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice lookin tank! How many bbs do you run? Do you add anything for gh/kh?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice job on creating some depth. Hard to do with a 55. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Jeff,

Absolutely incredible. I assume the bush in the middle is some low trimmed diformis? Mine always turned into a tree. Apparently you've figured out how to keep it low.

Sorry I can give you many suggestions on changes. I think it's incredible!

Thanks for sharing,

Tom

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Jeff looks great!
How do you keep your riccia down? The rock and the plant and the pruning of your hygro in the middle looks great~

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sweet tank, It's somethin you can really chill over.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Is it weird that whenever I see a foreground like that, I always wanna go and touch it with my fingers? I've always liked the way that terrestrial moss felt on my fingers and toes... it makes me wanna go running around in the "meadow"

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tom, yes it's the difformis. It used to be almost to water line. To trim it down that much I just uproot, separate it and plant the stems. I to grows like a weed. It will be back to the top in 3 or 4 weeks if I don't trim it. I actually don't mind it when it gets that big. I just trim it and the aromatica so I get a concave shape towards the center of the tank.

Fresh, the riccia is attached to a mixture of ADA riccia stones and some pieces of clay pots with hairnets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts