The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've read thread and watched videos but this is the first time I attempted it. I got a nice new piece of driftwood and an Anubis plant. I didn't realize how long and stringy the roots were but here is a pic of how I attached it.

So will the plant curl up towards the light since it's kind of horizontal now and do I just let the roots float away or trim them?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
You can trim roots a little to encourage new root growth which will eventually wrap around the wood. You can also gently wrap the exsisting roots around the wood and tie them on, new tiny bits will grow out and latch on a little quicker. I'd try to correct the angle of the plant a bit.
Is that a white rubber-band you used? It will take a bit but eventually degrade in water (hopefully the plant will have rooted by then though). I used clear fishing line for my anubias, have to basically smash face to glass to see it and won't break down, own pain is trying to tie it gotta multi-knot to keep it from coming undone.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I think the second pic looks better aesthetically, but I'm pretty sure the anubias will somewhat reorient it's leaves however you place it.

If you don't like the roots, you can trim them off, usually I get anubias with almost no roots (just the rhizome/stem), and they do well enough.

I like the rubberband, as it's pretty easy and works fairly well, and in my experience, the plant is almost always anchored by the time the band decays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.