The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 26 Black and love anime i love anime. Not saturday morning stuff unles you count old school like transformers and GI Joe and Voltron. Im talking about Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Ninja Scroll, Akira ETC.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Love.

Akira (classic, must-see)
Ghost in the shell
FLCL
Samurai champloo
cowboy bebop
azumanga daioh
basilisk
Inuyasha
Dominion
Appleseed (old not the new)
and about a bajillion others except for the transformer, robot ones - yuck.

even tho I'm a gal, I tend to go for Shonen manga/anime rather than the Shojo. Shojo I find a little too soap opera-ish.

Otaku desu!

·
planted tank sickness
799 Posts
i LOVE to read old samuria stories, when i was in college i read about 2 a month... lots of anime is based on those older movies or stories, so its always neat to see a cartoonists vision of the books or movies hit the screen.

"Fists of the North Star" was one of, if not THE first anime movies i ever saw, it is like 20 different japanese warrior stories rolled into one... very cool, and ive been into it all ever since.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Love It!! :) Some favorites: Slayers, Sorcerer Hunters, VanHelsing, etc. It's more like my brother's collection, but I get to pick and choose what interests me. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to admit that between my husband collecting all the old robotech and then moving onto the new anime that I like most of it, the only one I see mentioned that I don't recognize is appleseed. As for Akira I go shopping when that goes on I bought it for my husband about 10 years ago and have been overexposed...LOL.. My 14 year old son is a devoted fan of FLCL and collects anything he can find. So I guess I am a fan out of neccesity... :) not chose.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Anime is alright, my girlfriend watches Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain and Noir.
I watch Inuyasha with her sometimes and stay interested, same with Wolf's Rain, but Noir is terrible, its slow, nothing happens and again.. very slow, I fall asleep everytime its on the screen. Not to mention the majority of anime is poor quick animation.
I enjoy watching well created animations, I've done some animating and can really respect good animators after trying to animate.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The husband figure is into it. He's ecstatic today because he scored on eBay yesterday. Ghost in the Shell standalone complex first season, Outlaw Star DVD boxed set, Noir and Agent Aika. I'll watch some of it with him, but I tell him if it's some of that dark mess I'd rather pass. If I'm gonna watch dark I'd just as soon watch The Crow!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.