The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had the angels for just over a month. They have refused most frozen foods, flake and pellet. They will take a bite, spit it out and leave it. I got them from my lfs that I work at. They have eaten live blackworms but I don't want them only eating live foods. I have gone through about 6 different foods to try and get them to eat something. They are all healthy and acting fine.

There is a group of 6 I am trying to raise up to get a breeding pair. There is a few otos and a bs pleco in there too.

I am to the point I do not know what else to do with them.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Healthy fish will eat eventually. They will not let themselves starve. Dont give them anything but the one food you are wanting them to eat. They will eat when ready.
Ive had discus not eat for 2 weeks when I first got them due to acclimation process. Angels are very similar.

However, after 2 weeks without eating and spitting out food I would be concerned may have protozoan infection. Common in Angels and discus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have nibbled at my plants and have not shown any other sign of illness. I am unsure if it just because of them eating the plants that they don't want food or if they are picky. I have had no issue on getting them to eat live blackworms.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If they're eating live foods, then internal parasites aren't as likely. As @Discusluv said, when they're hungry enough, they'll eat.

Just feed them daily, and feed very sparingly until they start eating. All of that uneaten food will cause you problems in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.