The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I would not!
The angels are going to grow and the neon be bite size. They don't seem to have it in their genes to do a good job of hiding. When in my daughter's tank, they lasted less than a day. They tried to go to the top to hide and that just doesn't work.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i had read that it would be ok, as long as you added small angels to the tank (ie after the neons). so i tried it. i currently have about 15-ish neons with 10 dd's. no issues among them, and i like the color contrast. (in your case, maybe adding the neons during a major wc/re-scape/trim...)

my tank is also fairly well planted, which i believe helps a lot. also, i enjoy 'fewer' fish which may contribute to little/no aggression (dunno??). dumping a dozen angels and 25 neons in a 90 isn't something i'd recommend.

in your 90g/5 angels/planted, i think you'd be fine imo.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I would not. Think about the poor neons that have to live in constant fear of their lives. Once the angelfish grows up they are on the menu. These are living things, not objects there to "look pretty".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.