The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon that I am in the process of setting up, and I am trying to decide on what fish I should get.

I am definitely going to have angelfish, with the hopes of eventually having a breeding pair, but I would really like to have a halfmoon betta in my tank as well. I have had bettas and angels in the same tank without an issue before, but now I have other more experienced fish keepers telling me it's a recipe for disaster.

What's your opinion? Whats your experience? And finally, what would you do?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I've done it over a dozen times without battles in my planted tanks.
Always seemed to just ignore each other.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Since it is a halfmoon betta be ready for his fins to be nipped regularly. He will not be attacked but his pretty fins look tasy to many types of fish. Halfmoons must work even harder than regular bettas as their fins weigh them down a great amount. These variants have a very hard time getting away and moving around the large amount of water.

Other than halfmoons I think you will be fine to add any other types.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Since it is a halfmoon betta be ready for his fins to be nipped regularly. He will not be attacked but his pretty fins look tasy to many types of fish. Halfmoons must work even harder than regular bettas as their fins weigh them down a great amount. These variants have a very hard time getting away and moving around the large amount of water.

Other than halfmoons I think you will be fine to add any other types.
I agree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.