The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying some new fish for Christmas, how many angelfish could I fit in the fluval roma 200? I was thinking two?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Wanting a peaceful group of angelfish not dealing with the spawn / pairing aggression do a males only system.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Males will spat occasionally, but nothing more. They've been so inbred that the females will pair up and lay eggs together, hence the males-only idea...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I initially bought two angelfish (one altum and one platinum) on Saturday but felt like there was something 'missing', so I bought another (full black). They all hang out together, with the white one being the only one comfortable enough to venture solo sometimes. However, they were only just about eating until I got the black one TODAY but now they are eating really well (yeah I know, quick huh). So obviously they are really comfortable in this group of three now and they don't bother or get bothered by the other fish. When they are bigger I might move the neons though.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I started with 7 Pinoy Angels in my planted 75g. As they've grown I went down to 5 and now I'm down to one dominant pair in the 75g. They had the other three pushed into the plants on the bottom corners. I've had to rehome 5 of the 7. The two dominant pair (there are two pair) lay eggs constantly

·
Registered
313 Posts
Males will spat occasionally, but nothing more. They've been so inbred that the females will pair up and lay eggs together, hence the males-only idea...
Yes they will, I have had this to take place several times with the two I have . For what ever reason the two females killed the male . :icon_frow both females have laid in the months after the suspicious demise of the male of the tank :confused1:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had two males and one female. The males each had their own side to the tank. If either one crossed the line, a bicker would begin. The female would swim around the tank and each male would I guess you could say attempt to court her. Still not sure if I ended up getting rid of the right male, but I don't have spats anymore. Although they haven't laid eggs either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.