The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in that discussion of deformed-tailed fish a mention of angelfish born without any anal fins, and I can remember reading reports of that a few times before. Has anyone ever grown one of those fish up to see what it looks like? Clearly they shouldn't be bred, but I don't think a fish with a missing anal fin would have any issues other than maybe a minor problem with stability, so I see no ethical issues with growing one up.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I have one angel that had its long bottom fin broken right at the body, it just hangs around, it goes on with life as if nothing is wrong.
But the fish you are talking about was probably the result of inadequate culling and as long as is not allowed to breed, should not present problems.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen it mentioned in a few pages about breeding angelfish. Evidently chain-store-bought, probably-inbred angels can sometimes have fry born with no anal fins. I'm not asking about keeping them, I don't intend to breed angelfish, I'm just wondering if anyone's ever kept a few of those fry and grown them up to see what "healthy" adult angelfish with no anal fins look like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.