The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a 20g tank in the planning stages. I'm going to move my school of corys out of my other 20g (The zebra loaches and corys are too much). It will also house a small (5) school of gold barbs and larger (8) school of white clouds. Now when I do tanks I kind of try to get fish that fit into four categories. Schooling, bottom feeders, algae eaters, and a centerpiece fish. I would love to put in a (1) angelfish, because with all the fish I've kept I've actually never kept an angelfish and they are so graceful. I know they can't be kept with neons, but I've heard mixed things about slightly bigger fish. (White clouds) If I put a baby (quarter size) angelfish in with white clouds, as an adult will it eat them? What about Ghost shrimp? Any advice would be appreciated. (Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
I wouldn't keep an angel in a 20 gallons. They grow far too large for a 20 gallons and will eventually eat the shrimps and white clouds if given the chance. Even when kept as babies, they will prey on their tankmates if not well-fed. The maximum diameter size of angels I've seen is 6-7 inches.

Not worth IMO placing the angel in a 20 gallons.:smile: 18 inches is also the minimum height tank size required for angels.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about that. Any other ideas of a centerpiece fish? Maybe you guys can think of something I haven't. I don't think I want a ram, because the last one I had picked mercilessly on my corys and because they have such short life spans and are expensive around here. Would a pearl gourami be okay? I have a honey gourami in the other 20g and love him. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I agree an angel in a 20g is too much.

I have a very similar set up to what you are describing!

I have Gold white clouds up top, Koi angels for the center and amano's for the lower.

I also havd a shidtimunki loach in there but it's small and goes where ever it wants.Along with that is a breeding harem of gold apisto. cacatuoides.

Let me take a vid for you to see......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts