The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought an angelfish for my 90 gallon tank to get rid of lice on my goldfish. The lice seems to be gone now and the angelfish is now nipping at the fins of my goldfish. I don't really know if there is a way to stop the aggression or if I will have to get rid of the angel, any tips?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Goldfish and Angels are very different fish, from very different environments. I wouldnt recommend housing them together anyway.

To answer your question, I dont think there's much you're going to do to stop it. Goldies are just too big and slow to run away or hide.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goldfish and Angels are very different fish, from very different environments. I wouldnt recommend housing them together anyway.

To answer your question, I dont think there's much you're going to do to stop it. Goldies are just too big and slow to run away or hide.
That is what I thought. I've seen so many things on keeping one angel with them would be fine but I still had my worries, thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
782 Posts
The trouble is by using the angel to eat the lice, you basically trained it to go after the goldfish to check for snacks... Angelfish are very smart, and they learn surprisingly fast, especially when food is involved.

I think you need to rehome your angel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trouble is by using the angel to eat the lice, you basically trained it to go after the goldfish to check for snacks... Angelfish are very smart, and they learn surprisingly fast, especially when food is involved.

I think you need to rehome your angel.
The good thing is that I caught the lice right away and got them off the goldfish the night before I bought the angel. The angel was really a precaution just in case I didn't get them all, so I ended up not having the angel go after ticks at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.