The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two beautiful angelfish from a woman who breeds them locally. They are larger, not nearly full grown but bigger than most angels sold at big box stores. I have them in my 29 gallon. The woman fed them exclusively Tetra tropical crisps so I bought a small container to slowly wean them over to Omega One fish food brand (I don't really trust tetra due to their list of rather poor ingredients). My angels greedly accepted frozen/thawed blood worms from my fingers and the crisps. What omega one foods should I be giving them? I have some omega one tropical flakes, shrimp pellets, and algae wafers. Should I get them the cichlid flakes?? I only feed omega one foods to my other fish and they are extremelying healthy and vibrant and I would like my new angels to be that way too! :smile2:

I also need names so any suggestions would be great! Here is a rather blurry picture from when I first brought them home. I belive I have a black lace and a silver?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Tetra crisps is an amazing food. I have yet to see a fish not do well on it. also they love eating it, and it doesn't spoil quickly under water so is good for water quality too.

Remember they have many lines of food. Crisps is from the "Pro" line.
I also like feeding them Tetra Energy (don't like it as much as Crisps) and Tetra Prima, which is their discus food, it is more a granule, easy to grind. I feed that to everything form fry to adults.

You should get some interesting ghost babies from that mix.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not good with names and I don't know anything about food quality, but I do wanna say they are a beautiful pair!. I wish the stores around here sold angels like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
I recommend New Life Spectrum for all fish. It is 100% nutritionally complete and has eliminated all supplementation for my fish.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone! After some expirmenting they favor omega one cichlid flakes and frozen blood worms. I'm going to try some brine shrimp next.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I have one that hasn't been eating these last few days. I managed to stop his slimy poop with levamisol, but he wouldn't eat.
This afternoon I found a thick black spot of mosquito larvae all blown together by the wind. I came inside got a net, and scooped probaby a teaspoon full. It took him like 10 seconds to decide this is too good to miss and ate quite a few. I'm really relieved as his stomach was starting to sink in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts