The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 2 angelfish for about 3 months now, in with my CO2. They are the Hagen ones, with the ladder (two of them) about a week ago I got a glass diffuser in the mail and hooked them both up to that-it works great. But now my angelfish seem to like to hang out in the bubbles and get high? lol. They were very friendly and active before I started with the diffuser. The overall Co2 in that tank is not high-the drop checker is Blue-green. All the other fish are normal, active and friendly. I added i more angel the day I put the diffuser in.
They eat normal, and are active in the morning when it is feeding time, but soon after that all 3 just hover near the filter intake/co2 bubbles and at the very top of the tank. Not even gasping, just hovering.
So, I put an airstone in about 10 min ago to see if that will have any positive affect. It doesn't seem to be doing anything yet though.

Tank Param:
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
pH-7.6
Nitrate-5ppm
Temp-79.4F
GH-179ppm
KH-196ppm
water change once a week
EI dosing

Thank you, any help is welcome. I'm kinda attached to these guys :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have kept & bred angelfish for 40 years & some of the things they do can be very strange & unusual which makes them one of my favorite tropicals. I see no reason why yours are doing what you describe. As long as they are eating & don't seem stressed I wouldn't worry to much. They may become bored with that & find something else to do. Although nothing serious; angels prefer slightly acid water. 6.8 is great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts