The Planted Tank Forum banner

Angelfish - isolate or keep in main tank

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RAZmonkey 
Too late to isolate when you directly introduced new fish carrying ??? what??? into your tank.

IF the fish was carrying parasites or fungus/bacteria it's already in your tank now so quarantine now is a wasted effort (imo). Fins damaged by ammonia burn, split by fighting or ruff handing will die back to healthy tissue and the ragged edge will go white as it's shed. I see it all the time with my DDV.

The female in the picture is the upper fish shown spawning. The damage to her dorsal and caudal fins happened in spawn defense on 7/22 in my 110g community tank. The photo was taken on 8/10 her fins are just now starting to grow back. I also have angels that by nature are timid too.
Really no way to answer based on what you've listed.

Damage or another issue will be better guessed by you seeing things first hand. If erosion and or color loss gets worse or spreads then treatments for it. Treatments again are going to be guess work but fin rot limits the cause some what and 3% H2O2 baths clean the outside of a scaled fish nicely.

Repairing and growing fins back nothing works better than clean water.

good luck OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.