The Planted Tank Forum banner

Should I put the female angelfish in the 75g or 40g?

• both angelfish in 40g?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • move male swordtails to another tank?

• buy more female swordtails and turn the 75g into a swordtail tank?

• move both out and add new fish to my 75g that has corys?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
It's time for a change. I separated my angelfish pair a few months ago. They had one brood, the last just passed a couple of days ago. The male was always a bit aggressive. Now that it's just him and his partner. He has been harassing her constantly, to the point where she hides behind some plumbing. I've decided to separate them. I'm leaning towards putting the male in his own tank. The female has a few options. I can put her in the 75g that has the same angel that was there before the couple got separated, the 40g breeder with harlequin rasboras and cory cats. I'm also thinking of moving both the female and the remaining angel in my 75g into the 40g. The 75g has 5-6 swordtails. When they were breeding they produced some fry that survived. Now all the original swordtails have passed and it looks like I have one female and the rest males. So, I can leave them there, move the female to another tank so she won't get harassed, move them into another tank, split them between two tanks, and get some females. I then would restock the 75g depending on whether the two angels go to the 40g. Hence, a poll, any other advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I'd make the 75 gallon the home of the angels and put the swordtails in the 40. Try to break up sight lines. Angels can be fickle in their friendships with each other. I hope you can make it work, good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.