The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well for starters i have a 10 gallon tank with 5 neon tetras, 1 black tetra, 1 betta, 3 white clouds, 1 pleco, and fake silk plants. I also have a 29 gallon tank with 7 zebra danios and 6 diamond tetras with live plants. Anyway i would love to breed angels some where in the near the future. So i was considering getting a 20 to 25 gallon tank for the angels alone and no other fish. I was thinking java fern for the plants and a few decorations. So the angels would breed and once the fry develope for a few days and become free swimmers i hope to move them away from the parents and into a small tank. Something under 10 gallons. What would you recomend for the size of the tank and all of the supplies i need?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
A 20g may work but 30 gallon is a good size for a breeder tank, but there is a lot of things to consider with angel fish. They get big. You should really think about long term. A 10g tank will hold the babies, but not very long. they soon will need 30 gallon, and adults need at least 30g per pair. I keep 4 in my 55g and they seem crowded, and fight a lot. Also you might want to move your pleco to your 29g, he will be grateful. If you really want to breed Angels, its not hard, but you will want to do a lot of research. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks I will probably get a small 10 gallon tank for my zebra dainos in the future. So i will have the pleco in the 29 gallon with all 6 of my diamond tetras. Then i will get 4 angel fish and keep them in the 29 gallon tank too. when they breed i will wait till the babys become free swimmers. After that i will put them in a smaller tank (5 gallon proably) and proably give them away and/or sell them to a pet store near me when thgey get a little bigger.

·
Registered
828 Posts
4 Angels won't survive in a 29 gal tank, for 4 you would need at least a 55gal. 2 adult angels in a 29 is really minimum size for a pair, and that is bare minimum. Bigger the better. I would at least use a 40 gal breeder for a pair for them to be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i will proably not get angel fish untill i get another tank and i will have it set up for angel fish only. For now i will only get the same kind of fish for the tank i have right now(the 29 gallon).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.